The Libra head was the first commercially available electronically gyro stabilized remote head. It won the Academy Award for Technical Achivement back in 2000, but the design and the electronics have been undergoing constant upgrades and improvements.
The latest version of this workhorse is the Libra 5, a fully digital system. We can now offer frame accurate, shutter sync, motion control with a bloop light. All of the Libra Heads in Monster Remotes inventory also sport automatic horizon level and a vertical reference.
As always, the Libra offers stabilization on Pan, Tilt and Roll on an independent basis and the switching is instantaneous.
We have personally worked our Libra heads in the extreme conditions of Greenland in the Winter on “The Last Airbender” and in the hot, salt water environment of the Carribean Ocean on “Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3”. The head is designed to withstand the elements and not allow external conditions to alter its performance.
- Capable of Frame Accurate Motion Control, including Lens Functions
- Back Pan Compensated
- All Digital System
- Highly Water and Dust Resistant
- Easily mounted Upright, Underslung, or in ‘Matrix’ mode
- Auto Horizon
- Real Time On Screen camera angles
- All 3 axis of Stabilization are independent of each other
- Industry Standard Mitchell Mount